Easy and simple to make!
Not only can you save money making it yourself, it tastes even better! Ghee results from cooking the butter for a longer period of time and straining out nearly all the milk solids and water, leaving pure butterfat behind.
Ingredients for Ghee:
3 Blocks of organic unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 120’C. Add butter to dish and cook for 3-4 hours.
- The butter will separate, and the milk solids will sink to the bottom, and with some crusty bits on top.
- Carefully scrape off the floating pieces
- Using a cheese cloth or strainer, strain the ghee into a glass jar, carefully not to disrupt the milk solids at the bottom, and to catch any unwanted milk solids.
- Once cooled, put in the fridge to cool. This can be left in the fridge or on the bench for a softer and easy to spread ghee.